Home sellers always aim for one thing - selling their home as fast as possible. In neighbourhoods with lots of homes for sale, sellers must be willing to take their efforts up a notch in order to beat the competition and make sure that their home is on top of every buyer's list. Here are some of the easiest and inexpensive tips on how to achieve your goal in selling your home in no time.
De-cluttering your home gives way for space to be showcased in your home. It gives the buyer an idea of the areas in your home that they can utilize for the items that they'll be bringing in once they move in.
De-cluttering is also a way to eliminate the potential of buyers seeing your home as messy or unorganized which might otherwise cause them to steer clear of putting your home at the top of their list.
- Clear your kitchen counters, night stands, coffee tables, etc.
- Organize closets, shelves and other storage spaces.
- Consider renting a storage unit for the sale period.
A home is one of the most important purchases you will ever make, so the need to make sure that you are getting the best value for your hard-earned money. It is vital for you to be certain that everything in your target home is checked and evaluated before you buy a home.
Enter the value of home inspection. A home inspection is an inexpensive way to become aware of the overall condition of a home. It is important to make sure that you are not making a costly mistake of buying a home that is in need of major repairs or replacements. In line with this, you also need to know the key questions that you need to ask during the home inspection process - and I'm here to sum them up for you.
The inspector should be able to tell you if the home is in a condition that's ready for move-in, or if you still need to do some work on it.
If the inspector tries to get work fixing the problems, you may want a second opinion. The inspector...
How do you stage a home? First, we must learn what home staging is. Home staging is when your home is prepared to be sold in the real estate market. The goal is to make your home appealing to the highest possible number of potential buyers. In turn, you will be able to sell your home fast and for more money.
Here are some of the easiest and most effective ways for you to get started in staging your home.
Nothing else says, "Welcome Home" more than an inviting porch! An updated, easy-to-read house number will make sure that your house is easy to locate. It also immediately gives an impression of a well-maintained home.
If you have a tiny stoop, a clean and cheery welcome mat will do the trick. Add a potted plant in bloom, and you're golden! For porches with more room, a few pieces of furniture will also make a huge difference. A nice rocking chair, a small coffee table and some chairs, or you can also add an outdoor sofa.
Many people thinking about touring your home will often do a drive-by first to see if your home is even worth their time. Make sure that your home is sure onlooker-magnet with these tips:
1. Power wash sidings and walkways.
2. Give your front windows a good wash....
End the season on a high note with these simple but super fun summer activities for the whole family!
- Go on a picnic (or host one!). Pack a picnic basket with your favorite sandwiches or salads, and go out. Eat with your family some place other than a dining table. You can also host a picnic-style luncheon with friends or your relatives. Be it in a park or your backyard. One thing for sure is this is a refreshing twist to your usual get together.
- Go camping. Plan a simple camping trip. Bust out your tents, sleeping bags, board games, and get together with your friends or the whole family for some quality time out in the woods. A low-key option for kids is taking them on a “camping trip” to your backyard - BUT with all the bells and whistles, so they’d still get to experience all the fun activities associated with spending some quality time with their friends outdoors.
- Go swimming one more time. Enjoy a fun day at the pool, Gregoire Lake, or a splash park one last time before summer ends; or don’t miss out on your chance to go swimming this summer if you haven’t had the chance to do it yet. Take lots of photos - make memories with your family, and don’t forget to hydrate and wear sunscreen!
- Frozen Treats! Spend a day with your family and friends and enjoy healthy home-made frozen treats, like fruit popsicles made with berries...
There are a lot of home improvement ideas available for your home. Here are a couple of easy ones, so read on!
Jazz up your house numbers. It’s one of the first things people see when they come to your house anyway. Here are some great ideas for you!
Give your windows a makeover. Update your curtains, curtain rods, and holdbacks/tiebacks. Matching them with the room’s overall color palette or theme makes it even better!
Restyle your bookcase. Decorated bookcases are a delight! Use like-colored items for your decor, and add pops of metallic finishes to create a cohesive flow without sacrificing style.
Add some greenery. An indoor plant in the living room, fresh herbs in the corner of your kitchen, or an assortment of low-maintenance succulents will give more life to your home.
Give your cabinets an Anthropologie feel. Class them up with painted...
So, hows the Real Estate Market in Fort McMurray?
People ask me all the time about the "real estate market". It is funny that with right at a decade in the real estate business in Fort McMurray, my response over the years has always pretty much been the same.
"That depends, what are you looking to do?" -Jennifer
Real Estate, Homes and Condos are Individual
So are you and your family.
There really is not a "real estate market" in Fort McMurray. If you are looking for a condo near downtown, your market will be entirely different than someone looking to sell a home near Gregoire Lake. While the are general factors that determine economic conditions, what that means to each buyer and seller are radically different.
The Fort McMurray Fire affected real estate and property values in different areas different ways. Some areas were burned out. Some areas suffered little damage. The oil economy tends to affect more in a general way, but with two hours of driving in between different projects, even that varies widely when you get down to specifics.
Sure, you can search my website for homes in Fort McMurray, or Anzac or Saprae Creek or any of the other areas. But there is a pretty good chance that I should listen to your needs and answer your questions first.
My goal is to understand what your needs are and to help you get there
What is important is that I answer your question about the real estate market ACCURATELY. And that means that I need to take...
Spring has sprung in Fort McMurray! Here are some tips for exterior maintenanance on your home.
Keep the blades of your lawn mower properly sharpened. A clean cut ensures that your grass will recover more quickly rather than when the grass is torn from dull mower blades.
It’s also advisable to leave the grass clippings on your lawn after mowing. It will serve as a natural fertilizer to help the grass grow healthier. Under wet spring conditions, however, you will want to remove thick grass clippings, or it will end up smothering your grass.
Before considering the use of fertilizers, remember that aeration is still the best way to promote grass growth - or any plants for that matter. It allows more air to reach the roots of your lawn and promotes new growth. While an aeration machine will do the job quickly, they are heavy and bulky. And what if you don’t have one, or there’s none around for you to borrow or rent? Any machine evolved from an old school concept, so there’s no shame in using items that will end up with the same holes. Pickaxes, garden forks, and spiked boots will do the job anyway, so a DIY wouldn’t hurt. Read up on how to aerate your lawn here.
Compost and other organic fertilizer like ground up egg shells are still the best ones to use for plant growth. These can be applied at any time of the season in a thin layer, and raked over your existing lawn.
Selling in Fort McMurray- Questions to Ask When Interviewing an Agent
Now more than ever, due to economic down turn and our current market conditions, it is imperative to hire a REALTOR® that offers you real, sound advice.
Here are a few questions I would ask when hiring an agent in Fort McMurray:
1. Experience- What is your experience with selling real estate in Fort McMurray? When looking for an agent you want to find someone who has the necessary skills to provide you with a ‘Sold’ sticker for your ‘For Sale’ sign. You will want to consider how many homes they have sold and how long they have been in real estate as this is good information to know- you do not want your home to be your agent’s first listing.
2. Full-Time vs. Part-Time- Are you a full time REALTOR®? Be aware of those part-timers who will list your home but then can’t deliver because they have “another” job.
3. Who- Who am I hiring? Sometimes agents take listings then shuffle off the listing to another agent and you end up feeling unimportant. Don’t you deserve to be number one? I think so! Make sure the agent signing your paperwork is the one who will actually be doing the work to sell your home or at least know who else you’ll be communicating with up front.
4. Marketing- How will you market the sale of my home? When selling a home in Fort McMurray it is now more important than ever to hire an agent who will give your home full exposure from all the social media platforms, to creating a compelling story about your home, to impactful photography...
Buying In Fort McMurray- Questions To Ask When Interviewing An Agent
When you look at Real Estate in Fort McMurray there is only one way to put it- ever changing. Our region is so very different to any other in Canada; people move here from all over the world for opportunity with most ending up loving our amazing community and taking the leap into home ownership. When the time comes to purchase your new home, which is more than likely the biggest purchase you will make, you deserve the best guidance. I’ve been active in Real Estate for over 8 years and I’ve seen how the market fluctuates. In my opinion, it is critical to have someone on your side to help you make your largest investment your smartest investment.
Here are a few questions I would ask when hiring an Agent in Fort McMurray:
1. Experience- What is your experience with Real Estate in Fort McMurray? You want to find someone who understands the market. When you look at Fort McMurray entry-level housing, I often hear people saying “I could get a house on a hill where I’m from.” However, the average cost of a house is not to be taken lightly so when you make the decision to take that leap- whether it be from renting, relocating, or moving up in the market, you really want your investment to be the right one.
It is imperative your Agent has in-depth knowledge and can anticipate and address issues before they arise. Questions like: What is a PWF? Copper wiring vs. aluminum wiring? How will we know a home has asbestos? A well versed Agent will sit down and really take the time to go over everything...
It is 2017 and I would like to touch base in regards to Real Estate in Fort Mcmurray. As we all know 2016 was a year of horrible loss for our community but with this loss I have seen tremendous compassion, empathy and love. I know that our community is coming together, rising above and pushing forward. Over the next few years to come as we rebuild, I want to offer my assistance to anyone who is left picking up the pieces and starting over. If you ever need help with finding out old MLS information for your property, tips on what questions to ask when you are interviewing builders/contractors, interior design suggestions, insurance struggles or just if you need someone to listen; I will be here for you.
What is going to happen to the Real Estate Market you ask? Well, during these tough economic times there is still movement. People are still Buying and Selling. Yes the average days on market are higher then we would like but with properly pricing your home and effective marketing you will still get sold stickers put on your for sale sign. I think that 2017 is going to be a year where things will slowly rev up and though I do not have the crystal ball I do believe it will be a great year for all!
I hope we all move into 2017 with positive can do attitudes, set big goals, work hard... really hard, and hold ourselves accountable as 2017 has no room for excuses!!! In closing, one of my favorite quote for successes is "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
Real Advice, Real Results
Just in time for the new year!!! After months of hard work I am very excited to say my new website is officially launched. Please feel free to share this site with friends, family and anyone you know looking to Sell or Buy. Is has the most up to date listing information of ALL the properties for sale in Fort McMurray and best home search tools possible. You will also find excellent Buyer and Seller Guides and my Blog which will be very busy in 2017. If you have any questions about the site please feel free send me a message.
Real Advice, Real Results