So, hows the Real Estate Market in Fort McMurray?
People ask me all the time about the "real estate market". It is funny that with right at a decade in the real estate business in Fort McMurray, my response over the years has always pretty much been the same.
"That depends, what are you looking to do?" -Jennifer
Real Estate, Homes and Condos are Individual
So are you and your family.
There really is not a "real estate market" in Fort McMurray. If you are looking for a condo near downtown, your market will be entirely different than someone looking to sell a home near Gregoire Lake. While the are general factors that determine economic conditions, what that means to each buyer and seller are radically different.
The Fort McMurray Fire affected real estate and property values in different areas different ways. Some areas were burned out. Some areas suffered little damage. The oil economy tends to affect more in a general way, but with two hours of driving in between different projects, even that varies widely when you get down to specifics.
Sure, you can search my website for homes in Fort McMurray, or Anzac or Saprae Creek or any of the other areas. But there is a pretty good chance that I should listen to your needs and answer your questions first.
My goal is to understand what your needs are and to help you get there
What is important is that I answer your question about the real estate market ACCURATELY. And that means...
Spring has sprung in Fort McMurray! Here are some tips for exterior maintenanance on your home.
Keep the blades of your lawn mower properly sharpened. A clean cut ensures that your grass will recover more quickly rather than when the grass is torn from dull mower blades.
It’s also advisable to leave the grass clippings on your lawn after mowing. It will serve as a natural fertilizer to help the grass grow healthier. Under wet spring conditions, however, you will want to remove thick grass clippings, or it will end up smothering your grass.
Before considering the use of fertilizers, remember that aeration is still the best way to promote grass growth - or any plants for that matter. It allows more air to reach the roots of your lawn and promotes new growth. While an aeration machine will do the job quickly, they are heavy and bulky. And what if you don’t have one, or there’s none around for you to borrow or rent? Any machine evolved from an old school concept, so there’s no shame in using items that will end up with the same holes. Pickaxes, garden forks, and spiked boots will do the job anyway, so a DIY wouldn’t hurt. Read up on how to aerate your lawn here.
Compost and other organic fertilizer like ground up egg shells are still the best ones to use for plant growth. These can be applied at any time of the season in a thin layer, and raked over your existing...
Selling in Fort McMurray- Questions to Ask When Interviewing an Agent
Now more than ever, due to economic down turn and our current market conditions, it is imperative to hire a REALTOR® that offers you real, sound advice.
Here are a few questions I would ask when hiring an agent in Fort McMurray:
1. Experience- What is your experience with selling real estate in Fort McMurray? When looking for an agent you want to find someone who has the necessary skills to provide you with a ‘Sold’ sticker for your ‘For Sale’ sign. You will want to consider how many homes they have sold and how long they have been in real estate as this is good information to know- you do not want your home to be your agent’s first listing.
2. Full-Time vs. Part-Time- Are you a full time REALTOR®? Be aware of those part-timers who will list your home but then can’t deliver because they have “another” job.
3. Who- Who am I hiring? Sometimes agents take listings then shuffle off the listing to another agent and you end up feeling unimportant. Don’t you deserve to be number one? I think so! Make sure the agent signing your paperwork is the one who will actually be doing the work to sell your home or at least know who else you’ll be communicating with up front.
4. Marketing- How will you market the sale of my home? When selling a home in Fort McMurray it is now more important than ever to hire an agent who will give your home full exposure from all the social media platforms, to creating a compelling story about your home,...
Buying In Fort McMurray- Questions To Ask When Interviewing An Agent
When you look at Real Estate in Fort McMurray there is only one way to put it- ever changing. Our region is so very different to any other in Canada; people move here from all over the world for opportunity with most ending up loving our amazing community and taking the leap into home ownership. When the time comes to purchase your new home, which is more than likely the biggest purchase you will make, you deserve the best guidance. I’ve been active in Real Estate for over 8 years and I’ve seen how the market fluctuates. In my opinion, it is critical to have someone on your side to help you make your largest investment your smartest investment.
Here are a few questions I would ask when hiring an Agent in Fort McMurray:
1. Experience- What is your experience with Real Estate in Fort McMurray? You want to find someone who understands the market. When you look at Fort McMurray entry-level housing, I often hear people saying “I could get a house on a hill where I’m from.” However, the average cost of a house is not to be taken lightly so when you make the decision to take that leap- whether it be from renting, relocating, or moving up in the market, you really want your investment to be the right one.
It is imperative your Agent has in-depth knowledge and can anticipate and address issues before they arise. Questions like: What is a PWF? Copper wiring vs. aluminum wiring? How will we know a home has asbestos? A well versed Agent will sit down and really take the time...
It is 2017 and I would like to touch base in regards to Real Estate in Fort Mcmurray. As we all know 2016 was a year of horrible loss for our community but with this loss I have seen tremendous compassion, empathy and love. I know that our community is coming together, rising above and pushing forward. Over the next few years to come as we rebuild, I want to offer my assistance to anyone who is left picking up the pieces and starting over. If you ever need help with finding out old MLS information for your property, tips on what questions to ask when you are interviewing builders/contractors, interior design suggestions, insurance struggles or just if you need someone to listen; I will be here for you.
What is going to happen to the Real Estate Market you ask? Well, during these tough economic times there is still movement. People are still Buying and Selling. Yes the average days on market are higher then we would like but with properly pricing your home and effective marketing you will still get sold stickers put on your for sale sign. I think that 2017 is going to be a year where things will slowly rev up and though I do not have the crystal ball I do believe it will be a great year for all!
I hope we all move into 2017 with positive can do attitudes, set big goals, work hard... really hard, and hold ourselves accountable as 2017 has no room for excuses!!! In closing, one of my favorite quote for successes is "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
Real Advice, Real Results
Just in time for the new year!!! After months of hard work I am very excited to say my new website is officially launched. Please feel free to share this site with friends, family and anyone you know looking to Sell or Buy. Is has the most up to date listing information of ALL the properties for sale in Fort McMurray and best home search tools possible. You will also find excellent Buyer and Seller Guides and my Blog which will be very busy in 2017. If you have any questions about the site please feel free send me a message.
Real Advice, Real Results